All campus locations are closed until further notice. Our online store is open and you can purchase digital and physical books on our website, and select shipping or pickup at our Preston Crossing location. A flat fee of $11.95 will be applied for shipping within Canada. For international orders, please contact us at email@example.com and we will provide a quote for shipping.
Questions and inquiries? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Textbook Pick-Up (Ordering Online)
Please note that campus pick up is unavailable at this time due to COVID-19.
Order your books online and select pickup at our Preston Crossing location. When your order is ready for pick up, we will contact you to let you know. Please allow 3-5 days for processing orders for pick up and note that you will need to provide your confirmation email or photo ID to pick up your order.
Textbooks and course materials may be returned to the Preston Crossing Shop USask location or sent back to the campus store for a refund within 21 days of purchase. Textbooks which include CDs, software or access codes as part of the package are not returnable if the internal seal is broken.
Please remember that you will require a valid Shop USask receipt to return any product.
Extended Returns Period
At the beginning of each major session, the normal return period for textbooks is extended to coincide with registration deadlines for class changes and drops. The current extended returns period runs from August 3rd - September 28th.
No Returns Period
There is a NO RETURNS period for textbooks at the end of each major session. From late November to mid-December and from late March to the end of April, all textbook and course materials sales are final. During these periods, please be certain you have the correct book before making your purchase.
How do I sell my used textbooks?
Shop USask at Preston Crossing buys back textbooks in-store on a year-round basis. We have the highest volume of text buybacks before and during the beginning of each new term: September and January.
Process to turn your used textbooks into cash:
- Check the directory before coming into the store to ensure we are buying back your textbook. (We do not buyback water damaged or stained books)
- Bring your books into Shop USask at Preston Crossing. (do not mail the books to us)
- Have the money put directly onto your debit card or get a gift card for the buyback amount!
Buyback of used textbooks is determined based on a number of factors:
- Nationwide demand for the textbook
- Whether the instructor is reusing the text in the next term
- Projected needs for the text
Assistive Technology Equipment Through Access and Equity Services
Shop USask Bookstore aims to provide all of the technology students need to succeed, whether here at the University of Saskatchewan or elsewhere. We are able to help with every step of the purchasing process: from providing formal quotes to those with Access and Equity Services (AES) approval or other educational grants to providing all the tech you want in one easy location. Even if we don’t stock an item, we’re happy to help with finding and ordering it. Listed below are just a few of the products and services we provide. Contact us today and see what our technology can do to help bring out your potential.
- Create formal quotes of products and prices on U of S letterhead, as required by grant-issuing agencies.
- Provide detailed order forms of purchased items to make reimbursement quick and easy.
- Locate and order products that other stores do not stock.
- Smart Pens, including LiveScribe Aegir.
- All LiveScribe accessories, including multi-packs of notebooks, replacement ink, and headphones.
- Dragon Naturally Speaking dictation software.
- Noise cancelling headphones.
- Laptops, printers, mice, keyboards, and other computer accessories.
- Backpacks and laptop sleeves.
- Check out Access and Equity Service’s list of recommended technology here:
Recommended Technology List
Open Educational Resources
How the Bookstore supports OER at the U of S
Shop USask fully supports the adoption of Open Educational Resources at the University of Saskatchewan. The continuing development and customization of OER allows faculty to select course materials best suited for their class and learning objectives. For students, OER makes the materials needed for their success more financially accessible and available in the format that best suits their needs.
Print on Demand
Shop USask offers a Print on Demand service for students using Open Textbooks. Printed texts are sold at $0.12 per double-sided page to cover printing costs. For more information, or to order a copy, please contact us.
As a service to students, the university will invoice approved organizations for sponsored students’ tuition and fees. Included in this service is financial coverage for sponsored students' required course materials, including textbooks, writing supplies, and stationery. Students can place orders for their textbooks by using the following form:
To find what textbooks your instructors have listed, log in through this link to see your booklist. Then take note of the book's ISBN followed by the title, author's name, and the course that the book is for. Once the form is complete email it to email@example.com and we will get in touch with you shortly.