Order your books online and you can select to pick them up at any of our retail locations, or have them shipped to you for $11.95 with Canada Post. Please note that upon completing your transaction you will receive an Order Confirmation email detailing important information regarding your order. Once your order has been processed you will receive an email stating that your order is ready for pick-up if you selected in store pick-up, or shipping information if you selected shipping.
Please allow 3-5 business days for order processing.
Textbooks and course materials may be returned to any of our locations or sent back to the campus store for a refund within 14 days of purchase. Textbooks which include software or access codes as part of the package are not returnable if the internal seal is broken.
Please remember that you will require a valid Shop USask receipt to return any product.
Extended Returns Period
At the beginning of each major session, the normal return period for textbooks is extended to coincide with registration deadlines for class changes and drops.
No Returns Period
There is a NO RETURNS period for textbooks at the end of each major session. From late November to mid-December and from late March to the end of April, all textbook and course materials sales are final. During these periods, please be certain you have the correct book before making your purchase.
How do I sell my used textbooks?
Our buyback list is open prior to the start of each term. We have the highest volume of text buybacks before and during the beginning of each new term: July-August and December-January.
Process to turn your used textbooks into cash:
- Check the directory before coming into the store to ensure we are buying back your textbook. (We do not buy back water damaged or stained books)
- Bring your books into one of our locations. (Do not mail the books to us)
- Have the money put directly onto your debit card or get a gift card for the buyback amount! (We will not provide cash for the equivalent amount)
Buyback of used textbooks is determined based on a number of factors:
- Nationwide demand for the textbook
- Whether the instructor is reusing the text in the next term
- Projected needs for the text
Assistive Technology Equipment Through Access and Equity Services
Shop USask Bookstore aims to provide all of the technology students need to succeed, whether here at the University of Saskatchewan or elsewhere. We are able to help with every step of the purchasing process: from providing formal quotes to those with Access and Equity Services (AES) approval or other educational grants to providing all the tech you want in one easy location. Even if we don’t stock an item, we’re happy to help with finding and ordering it. Listed below are just a few of the products and services we provide.
- Create formal quotes of products and prices on USask letterhead, as required by grant-issuing agencies.
- Provide detailed order forms of purchased items to make reimbursement quick and easy.
- Locate and order products that other stores do not stock.
- Smart Pens, including LiveScribe Aegir.
- All LiveScribe accessories, including multi-packs of notebooks, replacement ink, and headphones.
- Dragon Naturally Speaking dictation software.
- Noise cancelling headphones.
- Laptops, printers, mice, keyboards, and other computer accessories.
- Backpacks and laptop sleeves.
- Check out Access and Equity Service’s list of recommended technology here:
Recommended Technology List
To place a quote request or to view a list of our items that we can provide quotes for please click here: Assistive Technology
Open Educational Resources
How the Bookstore supports OER at USask
Shop USask fully supports the adoption of Open Educational Resources at the University of Saskatchewan. The continuing development and customization of OER allows faculty to select course materials best suited for their class and learning objectives. For students, OER makes the materials needed for their success more financially accessible and available in the format that best suits their needs.
Print on Demand
Shop USask offers a Print on Demand service for students using Open Textbooks. Printed texts are sold at cost to cover printing charges. For more information, or to order a copy, please contact us.
As a service to students, the university will invoice approved organizations for sponsored students’ tuition and fees. Included in this service is financial coverage for sponsored students' required course materials, including textbooks, writing supplies, and stationery. Once a sponsor has provided the required authorization letter, students can place orders for their textbooks by going to our online store: Shop USask. Please note that sponsors must re-submit the authorization letter for each term.
To find what textbooks your instructors have listed, log in through this link to see your booklist. Once you have submitted your order you will receive a notification when it has been processed.